“Basic Creation Training Course”
Genesis is the book of beginnings
Genesis means “beginning” or “origin.” The book of Genesis is the book which tells about the beginning of all things. In Genesis we learn that God was “in the beginning” (1:1). He existed before all things and He is the Creator of all things. Some of the “beginnings” recorded in Genesis are: (1) the heavens and the earth; (2) plants, animals, and human life; (3) nations, and languages; (4) agriculture, music, arts and crafts; (5) marriage and the family.
The beginning of God’s plan to save man is also recorded in Genesis. Just as the cornerstone is essential to the foundation of a building, the first eleven chapters of Genesis are essential to the whole Bible. In addition, the New Testament supports the truthfulness of the first eleven chapters of Genesis. If the first chapters of Genesis are not true, then we cannot believe the New Testament. Jesus spoke of the beginning of the creation and the origin of marriage just as they are described in Genesis (Matthew 19:3-9; Mark 10:6-10). Genesis tells of Eve being tempted. Paul confirms this in 2 Corinthians 11:3. Paul said Adam was the first man just as Genesis teaches (1 Corinthians 15:45). Peter mentions the account of Noah and the Great Flood which is found in Genesis (1 Peter 3:20, 21; 2 Peter 3:5, 6).
God’s plan of redemption is based on what happened in Genesis. Therefore,
Genesis is very important to understanding the rest of the Bible!
Learn how to answer the following 10 challenges to biblical authority when you enroll in our Basic Creation Training course.
- What difference does it make if the earth is old or young?
- Would it really make any difference if God used evolution? It’s really not a salvation issue.
- My biology teacher said he is a Christian and he doesn’t have a problem with evolution.
- Is the big bang compatible with the Bible?
- My professor said natural selection is a fact and Christians just need to accept evolution is true.
- How reliable are the dating methods used to date fossils and rocks?
- Why does God allow death and suffering?
- My Sunday school teacher said we can’t really know how long the days of creation were. He also said 2 Peter 3:8 teaches the days could have been long periods of time.
- My pastor taught last week that the Genesis Flood wasn’t really a worldwide flood.
- My youth pastor said we should focus more on building relationships and knowing the Gospel and let the scientists worry about origins.
Phone: (859) 250-7987
Equipping the Church
CTI currently offers three courses to help prepare Christians to defend their faith against the teaching of evolution.
Q and A about CTI Courses
What courses does CTI offer?
We currently offer three courses:
1. Basic Creation Training (teens and above)
2. Christian Teacher Training (anyone with a desire to speak or teach about creation)
3. Advanced Creation Apologetics (the next step in Christian evangelism)
What is the cost to the church?
The courses are FREE for the church.
How does this work?
We charge by individual student.
Where Does CTI offer these courses?
We come to your church or location. We ask that a church sponsor the course by providing a classroom, advertising the course within the church, and providing a local contact person to help with coordination.
Can people from other churches attend?
Yes. CTI will advertise the course to other local churches, Christian schools, and home school groups.
How long are the courses and what do they cost?
The Basic Creation Training and Christian Teacher Training courses are 1-day courses running from 8:30 to 5:30 and cost $45 per student. The Advanced Creation Apologetics is a 1 ¼ day course and cost $65 per student.
What does this cost include?
The cost of the course includes a student manual (about 100 pages long), lunch, and snacks.
Are these courses certified through anyone?
Yes. All our courses are certified through ACSI (Association of Christian Educators International) for Continuing Education Units.
How do I see about having one of these courses at my church?