CTI is developing a teaching DVD on the Sanctity of Human Life. This will be a video-based course for Christian school teachers, youth pastors, Bible study groups, parents and anyone who wants to defend the pro-life stance.
Our goal is to make The Sanctity of Human Life Education Course a complete package that will equip Christians with the knowledge and resources to defend the pro-life position and be able to teach others.
We still need to raise $16,000 of the $20,000 to complete the development and production of this course.
New York Times best-selling author, Randy Alcorn, responds to these questions:
Does life begins at implantation?
Is the baby a part of the woman’s body?
Joseph Kezele, M.D., Professor of Genetics and Human Anatomy, responds to these questions:
Is the product of fertilization just a “blob” of cells?
Does the destruction of the egg or sperm terminate life?
Here is an outline with the topics that will be taught:
Session 1: The Bible and Forgiveness
- Abortion is a sensitive and emotional subject
- The Bible teaches compassion not condemnation
- God’s grace and mercy
Session 2: The Facts
- Supreme Court decisions
- The basics – getting the facts straight
- Some statistics
- Why do women have abortions?
- Some common myths
- Two key arguments
- The argument for truth
- The argument for human value
- The real debate issue
- Recognizing assumptions in the debate
- The debate is not about pro-life or pro-choice
- What is the unborn: human or not fully human?
Session 3: The Bible
- When does life begin?
- The theological case for abortion
- The Bible is silent on abortion, therefore you cannot argue the Bible is against abortion.
- The Bible uniquely defines a person by the Hebrew word “nephesh”, therefore we are not human until we take our first breath.
- The Bible (Exodus 21:22-25) teaches the penalty for killing the fetus is less than for killing the mother.
- Christians are just trying to impose their religion.
- A bad argument used to support pro-life
Session 4: Science and Human Life
- When does life begin (myths and scientific facts)
- What the scientific evidence reveals about the unborn
- A timeline
- Arguments and bad science
- Pain and the unborn
Session 5: Experiments, Birth Control and Abortion
- Fetal experiments
- Adolf Hitler and Margret Sanger
- RU-486, the Ella drug and the IUD
- What about miscarriage?
- What about tubal pregnancy?
- Partial birth abortion
- Statements from abortion clinic workers
Session 6: Stem Cells
- What are stem cells
- Embryonic stem cells
- Adult stem cells
Session 7: Getting to the Heart of the Issue
- How to communicate the pro-life issue
- How to defend the pro-life view
Session 8: Challenges and Answers
- The product of fertilization just a “blob” of cells?
- A fetus isn’t viable since it is totally dependent on the mother to live.
- No one knows when life begins. There are many arguments for when life begins.
- Doesn’t the mother have the right to control her own body?
- It’s the woman’s body and the fetus is part of her.
- What about a woman whose life is in danger?
- The embryo and the embryonic period (human life) begin at implantation (6 – 10 days)
- Many more…
Session 9: Tactics Abortionists Use in Discussions
- Opposing a proposition by misrepresenting it
- Diverting to a side issue
- Enhancing a position by claiming compromise
- The ad hominid argument
- Arguing using a straw man fallacy
- Using proof by selected incidences
- Making statements in which “all” is implied but “some” is true
- Simply restating without defending the merit of the position