by Mike Riddle
Don’t let the following statement become true again!
“When an opponent declares, ‘I will not come over to your side,’ I calmly say, ‘Your child belongs to us already. What are you? You will pass on. Your descendants, however, now stand in the new camp. In a short time, they will know nothing else but this new community.”
Adolf Hitler, (from a speech delivered on November 6, 1933), quoted by William Shirer, The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, 1990, p. 249.
It is time to help the next generation by equipping their teachers. We need to de-emphasize the entertainment and concentrate on building leaders who have the skills, knowledge and desire to help the next generation defend their faith.
As my wife and I travel throughout America speaking and teaching on biblical creation and apologetics, we have been blessed to witness a remnant of churches that are unashamed to teach the truth of God’s Word.
- In 1973, abortion was legalized nationwide.
- On June 26, 2015, The U. S. Supreme Court legalized same sex marriage nationwide.
- For decades evolutionism has been taught as a fact in our secular universities and schools (also in many of our Christian universities).
- For many years, students have been taught moral relativism. They are taught there is no absolute right or wrong and what is true for one person may not be true for another person.
We have had decades to prepare our church leaders, ourselves and our youth how to defend against these teachings.
The question is, “Why didn’t we do the training?”
History shows that when you are thrust into a battle you are not prepared for, you will be overrun and many will spend time in captivity.
This is also true of spiritual warfare. Many of our youth are being pressured to accept evolutionism, moral relativism, same sex marriage is normal and abortion is a woman’s right. They are unprepared for the battle and are being held captive!
If we expect to send our children to school where this is taught and not have it impact their heart and mind, please think again. Hundreds of millions of dollars are being spent to condition them (soften their will) into tolerance of the world’s ways rather than stand firm on God’s Word.
CTI offers specialized training courses to counter this indoctrination. We offer three 1-day courses that help Christians defend their faith and a 5-day course (Creation Apologetics Teachers College) to train others to teach biblical creation and apologetics. In just four years we have equipped over 1,000 Christians to defend their faith and over 100 to teach biblical creation and apologetics in their churches and schools. But there is still much to do.
Moving Forward: Four Opportunities
CTI has a successful strategy that is being implemented nationwide.
A carefully developed plan or method for achieving a goal or the skill in developing and undertaking such a plan. (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
The Mission and the Strategy
The CTI Mission
Equip other Christians with the knowledge and skills to teach the next generation how to stand firm and defend their faith. This is based on 2 Timothy 2:2, the model for biblical discipleship.
Implementing the CTI Strategy
- Have your church host a 1-day training course to help equip people to defend their faith.
- Have your church sponsor one of your members to attend the 5-day Creation Apologetics Teachers College next August 1-6, 2016 in Western North Carolina.
- Become a financial supporter. We need $35,000/year above our operating expenses to continue offering these courses.
- Become a monthly supporter.
You can support CTI by click on DONATE.
For more information contact us at CTI: